World Builder // Graduate or Intermediate
Create a realistic, living world for an ambitious AAA video game. You'd develop environments in Unreal Engine from the terrain heightmap through to the placement of vegetation, rocks, rivers and other objects.
This is an ideal pathway into the competitive game development industry for recent graduates or indie game developers.
In this role you would:
- Design video game levels that are interesting to explore
- Develop authentic terrain heightmaps using external GIS tools such as World Creator
- Create environments as Unreal Levels using height maps and placing objects created by 3D artists
- Work with concept artists and other Level Designers to ensure consistency across all created levels
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4
- A portfolio or video demonstrating a realistic terrain or outdoor environment
- Experience using World Creator
- Experience with GIS and terrain
- A tertiary qualification in game development, art or design, or 3+ years industry experience is preferred
The position is full time, permanent and onsite at our Auckland studio. Assistance is provided for relocation & support for obtaining a visa. We highly value diversity. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspects of your culture or identity you have an important role to play in our team.