Create a realistic, living world for an upcoming, ambitious AAA video game. You'd be developing environments in Unreal Engine from the terrain heightmap through to the placement of vegetation, rocks, rivers and other objects.
This is an ideal pathway into the competitive game development industry for recent graduates or indie game developers.
In this role you would:
- Create environments as levels in Unreal Engine using height maps and placing objects created by 3D artists, following design rules provided by team lead or producer
- Develop authentic terrain heightmaps using tools such as World Creator
- Give input on the design of 3D environment art assets as required following briefing by team lead or producer
- Work with concept artists and design team members to ensure consistency across all created levels
- A tertiary qualification in game development, art or design, or a personal project
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4
- A portfolio or video demonstrating a realistic terrain or outdoor environment
- Great ‘can-do’ attitude and excellent learning skills
- Experience using World Creator
- Experience with GIS data
- Experience with Quxiel/Substance Suite
The position is full time, permanent and onsite at our Auckland studio. We highly value diversity. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspects of your culture or identity you have an important role to play in our team.