Create a realistic, living world for an ambitious AAA video game. You'd develop environments in Unreal Engine from the terrain heightmap through to the placement of vegetation, rocks, rivers and other objects.
- Design video game levels that are interesting to explore
- Develop authentic terrain heightmaps using external GIS tools such as World Creator
- Create environments as Unreal Levels using height maps and placing objects created by 3D artists
- Work with concept artists and other Level Designers to ensure consistency across all created levels
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4
- A portfolio or video demonstrating a realistic terrain or outdoor environment
- Experience using World Creator
- Experience with GIS and terrain
- A tertiary qualification in game development, art or design, or 3+ years industry experience
The position is full time, permanent and onsite at our Auckland studio. Assistance is provided for relocation & support for obtaining a visa. We highly value diversity. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspects of your culture or identity you have an important role to play in our team.