Texture/VFX Artist (Intermediate/Senior)
Join a team building an entire world piece by piece. We're looking for experienced Texture/VFX artist for a AAA game title - people who know how to make things look great inside a game engine.
In this role you will:
- Work in partnership with the World builder team and 3D artists
- Develop and manage textures for the Unreal production pipeline
- Create textures, models, shaders and sprites to build out effects for in game assets
- Be able to accurately estimate, plan and schedule your work
- Several years’ experience with technical art team(s) in the games industry
- Must have experience with Lighting and Shading in Unreal
- A good understanding of UE4 and game engine pipelines
- Thorough knowledge of VFX pipelines and shader processes used in game development.
- The ability to work closely with artists, animators, designers, and programmers to implement effects
- Experience with Source Control (Perforce ideally)
- Understanding of Particle Systems inside of Unreal
- Create sprite and texture assets used in authoring of game effects
The position is full time, permanent and onsite in Auckland. Assistance is provided for relocation & support for obtaining a visa. We highly value diversity. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspects of your culture or identity you have an important role to play in our team.