Rigging Specialist // Intermediate or Senior
Help us create stunning animations for characters and creatures in a gritty science fiction universe.
We're looking for a Rigging specialist to assist our animation team.
In this role you will:
- Work with the Supervisors, Leads and Modelling team to evaluate rigging production needs.
- Create rigs and rigging systems for characters, vehicles and creatures.
- Develop new techniques and processes to further advance quality/realism.
- Evaluate and recommend relevant external plugins and scripts.
- Assist with animation when necessary.
- Understand aesthetic and technical requirements; instill best practices.
- Have Experience creating complex character based rigs and supporting the technical aspects of game art development.
- At least 3-6 years film or gaming industry experience.
- Fluent knowledge of 3D animation pipelines.
- Understanding of Unreal Engine 4 and game engine pipelines.
- Proficient Python development skills and debugging techniques.
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to rigging, deformations.
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya or 3DS Max. Other tools can be used if required on a case by case basis.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent industry experience.
The position is full time, permanent and onsite in Auckland. Assistance is provided for relocation & support for obtaining a visa. We highly value diversity. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspects of your culture or identity you have an important role to play in our team.