Game Test Automation Engineer // Intermediate or Senior
This is an exciting opportunity to break into or grow your career in the competitive video games industry - at a fast-growing and ambitious video games studio.
To make a great game we need smart automated test and technical support that help our teams to track how our game's features perform, squash defects, get the atmosphere right and move fast. Our Quality Assurance team will be a key part of that.
Having played a lot of games is great, but for this role we are seeking a Test Automation Engineer who will provide automation test solutions for Icarus.
In this role you will focus on
- Create automation test solutions within the engine, art pipeline, and servers
- Design, implement, and maintain the test automation frameworks and test pipeline
- Develop suite of tests and maps to monitor performance and identify issues early
- Work closely with the the technical team to understand the need of automation and bring out solutions
- Clearly communicate and document QA issues, their importance and risk to the project
- Understand software systems and architecture, design requirements and production
- Use reporting procedures, testing plans, testing schedules, issue logs and test suites
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years' experience in software programming and automation development
Experience in C++
- Understanding of software quality assurance methodologies and processes
- Experience in test automation and tools
- Bonus points for experience in games
- Major bonus points for experience with the Unreal Automation System
The position is full time, permanent and onsite in downtown Auckland. Assistance is provided for relocation & support for obtaining a visa. We highly value diversity. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspects of your culture or identity you have an important role to play in our team.