This is a sought-after opportunity to lead the finances and grow your career with one of New Zealand's fast-growing and ambitious tech companies, video games studio RocketWerkz.
We are looking for a dynamic company accountant who will have broad financial accounting and admin responsibilities, with the opportunity to learn about the global media industry. You'll be the sole charge accountant for a team of 80 reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
In this role you will:
- Provide management reports and analysis on international sales and KPIs
- Develop company budgets
- Manage accounts receivable and payable
- Manage payroll transactions, including annual leave and sick leave processes
- Prepare GST and annual accounts, ensuring compliance with accounting standards including IFRS
- Provide leadership on financial controls, governance and legal compliance including with New Zealand employment law
- Review procurement and supplier agreements
- Assist with office management
- Advise on bonus and incentive schemes
- Advise on foreign exchange
- At least 4 years general accounting or finance experience
- At least 2 years experience in accounts payable and end-to-end payroll processing
- Knowledge and understanding of payroll, tax and accounting legislation and regulations, such as Holidays Act, GST reporting
- Experience with Xero
- Experience with iPayroll
- Experience with office software such as Google Docs and Sheets
The position is full time, permanent and onsite in the PwC Tower in downtown Auckland studio. We highly value diversity and can offer flexible working arrangements. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspects of your culture or identity you have an important role to play in our team.