Help us create bold, immersive audio in a gritty sci-fi universe. Stunning visas, foreboding surrounds, realistic machinery, an ecosystem teeming with creatures - we need you to bring it to life.
In this role you will:
- Make audio accessible to more developers by building integrations and plugins for game audio tools like Unreal engine 4
- Develop audio tools and features as part of the game development teams
- Test, debug and assume the functional quality of all audio in a given product.
- Participate in the design process, gather requirements with other engineers and designers
- Understand the game design and desired player experience
- Design sounds with an emphasis on authenticity and how it would sound and function in real life
- 4+ years professional audio experience, ideally in audio engineering and sound design
- An understanding of game audio pipelines
- Excellent C++ coding skills with experience in code optimization and multi-processor programming
- Experience with FMOD (or a similar audio engine)
- An understanding of game audio implementation
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Any experience in Unreal engine will be a real plus
The position is full time, permanent and onsite in Auckland. Assistance is provided for relocation & support for obtaining a visa. We highly value diversity. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspects of your culture or identity you have an important role to play in our team.
Applications close on Tuesday 31 March.